February 15, 2011

evaluation question seven




































EVALUATION QUESTION 7

Looking back at your preliminary task (the school magazine task), what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to full product?

Through the journey of creating my preliminary task, to creating my music magazine I feel I have learnt an awful lot. By creating the preliminary task, I was given the opportunity to try out photo shop and its tools it has to offer, in order to get a bit of experience using the tools. Similarly, from creating my preliminary task I learnt the importance of the target audience, and to show that throughout the magazine, making it clear who the target audience is.

When creating my preliminary task, there was not much planning and preparation prepared for it. Which meant that I had to make up ideas, and design the magazines on the spot, which cost me a lot of time. Therefore when creating my main task, I was sure to plan beforehand, so that I already had images, and a colour scheme idea, which saved me a lot of time. Similarly, when creating the preliminary task, I spent too much time on it, when it should not have taken that much of my time. Therefore when creating the main task, I was sure to manage my time more carefully so that I was able to complete all the tasks I needed to within the time space available.

When creating the main task, i was sure to refer back to my preliminary task, and to to learn from my mistakes from that task, to be sure not to make these mistakes again.
I chose very different use of colours for the two different tasks, as for the preliminary task, i chose to stay with primary colours, which were simple, and could be related to the school magazine. However, for the main task, i chose to include brighter, more out standing colours, which attract the target audience. The layout of both of these task are very different. For the preliminary task, the cover lines are very basic, and not spread out very well, where as on the main task, i was sure to make sure the cover lines were spread across the front page, and were made up to to colours, in order to make the front cover seem more logistic.

The use of images on the front covers of the two tasks are allow very different. In the preliminary task I chose to use an image of a student, with his gaze on the desk, whilst doing his school work, as this was suitable for a school magazine. However, from my research i realised that most music magazines, had an image, in which the models had a centred gaze looking towards the audience. Therefore this change had to be made for the main task.

Similarly, the target audience for these two tasks were very different, which caused the magazines to look and come across very different. As the target audience was a school for the preliminary task, the magazine was a lot more simplistic,with clear fonts, which and simplistic language which was easy to understand for all year groups. Where as the music magazine, had an older target audience, with a different attitude to the magazine, which needed to come across in my fonts, and images.



No comments:

Post a Comment